The MicroProTM syringe pump is specially designed to meet the requirement of extremely small eluent streams. This pump can provide a flow rate of 10 nL/min in isocratic mode or 1 µL/min in gradient mode. Typical applications for the MicroProTM syringe pump are in micro and nano HPLC and in process control. Since the pump is modular, you can be certain that it will provide an optimum solution for your requirements. When the pump is integrated into a complete system, the overall system volume will be minimised.
The MicroProTM syringe pump allows a split-free delivery of the eluent at flow rates as low as 1 µL/min in gradient mode. Below that level, a simple and reliable splitter is available from SunChrom. This allows to use columns with an inside diameter from 50 µm to 2 mm with an extremely stable flow rate.
A reduction of the column inside diameter is used when:
- only a very small sample volume is available
- the concentration of the analytes in the sample is very low
- there are many compounds that co-elute near a important analyte
- an extremely expensive mobile phase must be used (e.g. a deuterated solvent)
- an on-line or off-line coupling to a mass spectrometer is desired
In these cases, micro or nano HPLC is the method to choose. The MicroProTM is specifically designed to generate the low flow rate that is required, and SunChrom is the exclusive dealer for the pump in German speaking area.
If you want to employ a narrowbore, microbore or capillary HPLC or if you want to make a direct coupling to a mass spectrometer, the MicroProTM syringe pump always delivers the correct flow. A minimal system volume and the absence of a dead volume are significant requirements for the successful implementation of micro and nano HPLC.
Precise, reproducible and absolutely pulse free.
The MicroProTM syringe pump can be operated in several modes, depending on the tubing that is employed. All parameters can be entered directly via a time based program on the instrument keyboard or easily via an optional PC.
- Single syringe: The flow generation is done under pressure regulation (e.g. isocratic HPLC)
- Several Independent Syringes: Several (up to 4) syringes can deliver individual or mixed eluents.
- Reciprocating Mode: A solvent can be continually delivered without any pressure variations.
- Gradient Mode: Several syringes can be employed with the MicroProTMsyringe pump to mix up to 4 eluents in compositions ranging from 0 to 100%. The changes in concentration can be performed manually or via a time based program.
The back lit LCD panel leads the operator through the program. Our Windows compatible control program that is already installed on the HPLC module is very easy to use and includes a graphic interaction screen with all necessary pump parameters.
Of course, a computer program for control of the MicroProTM syringe pump is available. With this, control of all components of the system is easy and convenient. It is possible to generate programmed steps such as gradients and injection steps and can document all steps to meet GLP requirements.